Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby is kicking (but very softly)

I’ve dropped a little bit of the midwife vs. doctor stress, and I’m just going to let what happens happen. It’s not like this will be my only child so if one option turns out to be awful, I can always try, try again. After a lot of back and forth with the awful receptionist, the midwife actually called me and addressed my concerns. This further reinforces my idea that the problems are not with the midwives themselves, but with the jerk they’ve hired to take their calls.

Regardless, I feel like so much time happens between appointments and I hate that I have no idea what’s going on. I’m counting down the days until my next appointment (five) and am just incredibly anxious to hear his heartbeat again. I can see my tummy growing, but I need more. I know that in later months I’ll feel him kick and that’ll be reassurance enough. But for now, I keep reading all these blogs/books where everything goes terribly awry and it just puts me right on edge. I keep reminding myself that things are progressing and in one month I’ll know the sex for certain and around the same time I’ll start feeling baby kick. It will all start happening so soon and I’m so very ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment