Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Things

Yet another reason why I love the father of my child:

Yesterday I picked up Sandwiches from daycare and noticed a sign promoting their new services: pedicures, massages, and aromatherapy for the dogs. When I talked to Toby later on in the day, I mentioned the fact that they were doing these things. He says to me, “Get him a pedicure. I don’t want him wondering why everyone else gets one and he doesn’t.” So effin cute.

This morning I was grocery shopping and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a giant display of pumpkin pies and Halloween candy. “What the hell?” I wondered, while trying really hard to figure out if I’d gone into some freakish pregnancy coma and forgot the past two months. But no, they’re just putting that stuff out earlier and earlier. I also thought about the fact that by the time Halloween candy is on sale, I’ll be almost finished working and almost holding my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment